cdrom.sys is not essential for Windows and will often cause problems. The file cdrom.sys is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files". Known file sizes on Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit are 108544 Byte (106KB).The process belongs to Microsoft® Windows® Operating System by Microsoft.
Important: Some malware camouflages itself as cdrom.sys. Therefore, you should check the cdrom.sys process on your PC to see if it is a threat. We recommend Error Fix Tool for verifying your computer's security.
cdrom.sys - (Ver:6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)) information :
- File Name:
- Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
- 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
- 108544 Byte (106KB)
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 32-bit
More specifically, these cdrom.sys errors can be caused by:
- "Invalid or corrupt cdrom.sys registry entry."
- "Virus or malware infection which has corrupted the cdrom.sys file."
- "Windows Software Developer hardware failure, such as a bad hard drive, which has corrupted the cdrom.sys file."
- "Another program overwrote the required version of cdrom.sys."
- "Another program maliciously or mistakenly deleted the cdrom.sys file."
- "Another program uninstalled the cdrom.sys file."
What is a cdrom.sys error ?
The error message occur for several reasons. When you un-install a program or software inside your computer, the file document might be eliminated and you might know its missing. And whenever you’ve a newly set up program, it may overwrite the primary cdrom.sys document with one more version. In simple words, most cdrom.sys mistakes because of missing or corrupt files.
There are also some instances where the cdrom.sys document is infected by virus, spyware or Trojan. The malicious program will take the place of the legitimate cdrom.sys file with dangerous documents that might steal personal info or information out of your computer.
How to Fix cdrom.sys Error Effectively ?
To fix the error, the easiest and fastest way is apply professional error fix tool, it is able to help you fix any error that related to the dll or exe files in a few clicks, all you need is perform these three simple steps and the program will take care of all the error problems in your computer.
- 1.Download cdrom.sys Error Fix tool here and install it in your computer.
- 2.Click scan button to check for errors and problems exist in the system.
- 3.Click Fix button to fix cdrom.sys error and other detected problems.